Most Popular Inspirational Quotes from A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Known as the Missile Man of India, respected APJ Abdul Kalam’s contribution to science goes beyond all the material recognition bestowed upon by the society. Kalam’s significant achievement in the field of science into aerospace is well known all over the world.
- Abdul Kalam Motivational Videos and Speeches
- Motivational Quotes from Abdul Kalam on Students
1. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
2. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
3. “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
4. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
5. “If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
6. “All of us do not have equal talent. But , all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
7. ” Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.” -A.P.J Abdul Kalam
8. “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
9. ” Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail. ” – A.P.J Abdul Kalam
This great man with modesty, simple thinking and great living sets a standing example of innovation in the thought process for decades. Abdul Kalam also served as the 11th President of the Country for five years.
APJ had massively contributed his knowledge and observations during the nuclear tests of Pokhran – II that were done in the year 1998. Kalam also penned a popular book, India 2020, where he laid foundation for the vision to see a developed India by the year 2020. His thoughts and words of inspirational quotes are very famous among youngsters who dream of reaching heights in life. The student community of India is heavily motivated with Kalam’s many speeches and interactions.
Tirupati: India’s missile man and former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam used to look normal but achieved abnormal achievements, described his associate for several years Dr V Seshagiri Rao, who has worked as scientist at SHAR earlier.
Speaking at a one-day programme organised by Centre for Translational Research (CTR) and NSS Bureau of Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visva Vidyalayam (SPMVV) in collaboration with All India Radio, Tirupati on “Science Spoorthi Pradata – Dr APJ Abdul Kalam” in Tirupati on Thursday, he has shared his personal association with Abdul Kalam and narrated the way how the great scientist inculcated values, leadership qualities, commitment and innovative thinking among other scientists.
“Kalam never run up for any positions and never wanted to be in the limelight. He used to focus on his work with utmost dedication and all the positions came in his way though he never asked for them,” said Dr Seshagiri Rao.
He stated Kalam always worked for the betterment of people and did research on what is good for them only. He has no interest towards foreign trips, publications, PhD etc., and used to work with very meagre resources at any given situation, Rao revealed.
Former SHAR scientist said Abdul Kalam did great service to India’s defence sector with his vision and laid his mark as advisor to Defence Minister and Prime Minister of India.
“Because of his efforts, India emerged strong in defence field in the world. Even as President of India he stood different from others and his writings and meetings with youth at every corner of the country has motivated the youth to go in the right path and aim for high,” Dr Rao recollected, adding Kalam always loved children and used to think of them.
The other speakers also shared his contribution to medical field and recollected that he has developed the cost-effective stent along with Dr Somaraju which has reduced the cost considerably which is known as Kalam-Raju stent and they also developed tab for rural people.
The Rector of SPMVV Prof V Uma opined that if everyone starts the day with the good thinking as advised by Abdul Kalam, victory can be achieved easily. AIR Tirupati Station Director Dr Nagasuri Venugopal has described that the sincerity, dedication, hard work, honesty and kind heartedness made him grow bigger to the level of President of India. Convenor of CTR Prof P Vijaya Lakshmi said Kalam can motivate anyone at any time.
SPMVV students B Sri Lakshmi Tanuja, G Devasena, G Jyotsna, B Sai Chandana, Y Pravallika, G Rohitha and P Parameswari spoke on the essence and key points from his books ‘Wings of Fire, India 20-20, Ignited Minds and My Journey’ written by Abdul Kalam.
A brochure on Abdul Kalam and cards with quotes by him were distributed to students. Videos on his speeches and interaction with students were screened to students.
Prof R Usha has proposed a vote of thanks and SPMVV faculty, research scholars and students have participated in the programme. All 12 AIR stations in AP and Telangana will broadcast a 30-minute programme on this on Friday at 9.30 am as it was the death anniversary of Abdul Kalam.